web pages. It is the one which tells the computer how
information contained in the page is to be displayed.
Learning how to write HTML codes is an important skill that
any web designer should have. Below is a list of the most
common HTML tags used to help beginners become familiar
with this language.
1. - are the opening and closing tags used at
the beginning and end of each HTML file.
2. - comes after the tag and it is
where information that is not displayed on the website can
be found. It includes META tags, style sheets and Java
it is where the title of the web page is placed.
4. - it is within these tags that the things
displayed on the website can be found.
5. - the tag stands for emphasis. It replaced the
tags which were used to make the text inside the
6. - are tags used to make the text
within them bold.
- are used for headers. Placing
text within any of these tags makes the font larger or
smaller than the normal text and bold.
- placing text within these tags turns them into
a single paragraph. A single line break is automatically
added below the last line of the displayed text.